Village Tavern Capellini Vegetarian
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta, cooked according to package instructions, drained
and kept hot
- 1 portobello mushroom cap
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to
2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 cups curly spinach
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Season the portobello cap with salt and pepper; grill for about 3 minutes
on each side or until heated through. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until fragrant, about 1 minute. Be careful not
to burn the garlic. Deglaze the pan with white wine; cook until reduced by half.
Add sun-dried tomato pesto and butter; stir to fully incorporate. Remove from
- In a separate pan, wilt spinach in a little oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the pesto sauce mixture; use tongs to combine. Place pasta
in a serving bowl; top with spinach. Slice the portobello cap into 4 slices;
fan the slices over the top of the pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 1 serving.
Source: Chef Matt Hamilton - Village Tavern, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com