Vortex Bar and Grill
World Famous Potato Salad
- 4 pounds red bliss potatoes
- 1/2 pound celery
- 1 small red onion
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 1/4 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons
- Cook potatoes with skins on at a slow boil for 1 hour.
- Cool potatoes with cold water, then cut into 1/8ths.
- In a separate container, add together finely diced onions and celery, pepper,
salt, seasoning salt, sour cream, mayonnaise and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Add contents of separate container to the potatoes and mix thoroughly.
- Chill before serving.
Source: Shane Willoughby The Vortex Bar and Grill, Atlanta, Georgia