Waffle House Hash Browns
- 4 cups peeled and shredded potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ice
- Vegetable oil for frying
Waffle House Hash Browns Scattered all the Way!
- 1 slice American cheese (covered)
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion (smothered)
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, to taste (peppered)
- 1/4 cup diced fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms (capped)
- 1/3 cup diced lean ham (chunked)
- 1/3 cup chili with beans, heated
- 1 serving Waffle House Hash Browns
- Hash Browns: Place prepared potatoes in a 2-quart bowl, and add salt. Add
ice and pour enough water to cover potatoes. Stir to mix salt and ice in the
potatoes. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Place shredded potatoes in a colander, rinse with cool tap water and drain
completely. At this point you can place potatoes back in the refrigerator covered
until ready to fry. The uncooked potatoes will keep up to 5 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add enough vegetable oil
to lightly cover bottom. When skillet is hot and oil has been heated, place
two cups of drained shredded potatoes in skillet. Fry until crisp, shaping with
a spatula. Fry about 12 to 15 minutes, without turning. Time depends on the
temperature and size of the shredded hash browns. When potatoes are golden,
flip over carefully and fry tops of potatoes for 2 - 3 minutes. Do not cover
hash browns while frying or stir through them.
- Waffle House Hash Browns Scattered all the Way!: Prepare Waffle House Hash
Browns as directed. Leave them in the skillet, and add cheese, onion, jalapeno
peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and ham. When done, add chili on top of all.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes