Water Course Foods
Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (about 2 peppers, seeded and cored)
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package shredded cabbage cole slaw
- Olive oil to sauté vegetables
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a heavy soup pot with 2 to 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add
first seven ingredients and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil, cover and lower
heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 208 cal., 9 g fat (8 g sat), 0 mg chol.,
30 g carb., 7 g pro., 8 g fiber, 1,071 mg sodium
Source: Water Course Foods, Denver, Colorado
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.