Water Course Foods
Tomato Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (about 2 peppers, seeded and cored)
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package shredded cabbage cole slaw
- Olive oil to sauté vegetables
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a heavy soup pot with 2 to 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add
first seven ingredients and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Bring to a boil, cover and lower
heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings
Nutritional information per serving: 208 cal., 9 g fat (8 g sat), 0 mg chol.,
30 g carb., 7 g pro., 8 g fiber, 1,071 mg sodium
Source: Water Course Foods, Denver, Colorado
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes