Weinerschnitzel Hot Dog Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice (1/2 to 1 cup)
- In a large heavy skillet cook garlic and onion in oil over moderate heat,
stirring, until onion is softened.
- Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up any lumps with a fork, until
cooked through. Drain off any excess fat if desired.
- Add remaining ingredients, adding just enough juice to create a spoonably
loose but not soupy mixture. Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Yield: enough sauce to top 6 hot dogs
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes