Whistle'n Joe's Hungarian Potato Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups water (divided)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups pre-boiled diced potatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons A-1 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- Dash of freshly
- Combine meats in medium sauté pan. Season with pepper and salt and brown.
Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- In large soup pot, combine onion, celery and 1 1/2 cups water and simmer
10 to 15 minutes or until onion and celery are tender. Add reserved meats, then
remaining ingredients including remaining 4 to 6 cups water and simmer 1 1/2
Makes 12 to 15 main-dish servings.
Note: You can spice this recipe up by adding Mexican-style corn or salsa to taste.