Whistle'n Joe's Hungarian Potato Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound fresh Italian sausage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups water (divided)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups pre-boiled diced potatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon beef base
- 2 teaspoons A-1 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped cabbage
- Dash of freshly chopped parsley
- Combine meats in medium sauté pan. Season with pepper and salt and brown.
Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- In large soup pot, combine onion, celery and 1 1/2 cups water and simmer
10 to 15 minutes or until onion and celery are tender. Add reserved meats, then
remaining ingredients including remaining 4 to 6 cups water and simmer 1 1/2
Makes 12 to 15 main-dish servings.
Note: You can spice this recipe up by adding Mexican-style corn or salsa to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.