White Lace Inn Cherry Almond
Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf white bread
- 4 cups frozen Door County cherries, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cut the loaf of white bread into cubes. Place the cubes into a greased 9
x 13-inch pan. Spread the cherries over the bread.
- Microwave the cream cheese to soften it. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond
extract and sour cream to cream cheese. Spread over cherries.
- Cut ten 1-inch slices of French bread. Place the slices over the cherries.
- Beat the eggs well; add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond extract,
the milk and cream, and beat again. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the French
bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered with aluminum foil for for
40 to 50 minutes, then uncovered for the last 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- Let set for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and sliced almonds before slicing into
Yield: 10 servings
Source: White Lace Inn, Door County, Wisconsin
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes