White Lace Inn Cherry Almond
Cream Cheese French Toast
- 1 loaf white bread
- 4 cups frozen Door County cherries, rinsed and drained
- 16 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cut the loaf of white bread into cubes. Place the cubes into a greased 9
x 13-inch pan. Spread the cherries over the bread.
- Microwave the cream cheese to soften it. Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond
extract and sour cream to cream cheese. Spread over cherries.
- Cut ten 1-inch slices of French bread. Place the slices over the cherries.
- Beat the eggs well; add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon almond extract,
the milk and cream, and beat again. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the French
bread slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake covered with aluminum foil for for
40 to 50 minutes, then uncovered for the last 10 minutes to brown slightly.
- Let set for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with powdered sugar and sliced almonds before slicing into
Yield: 10 servings
Source: White Lace Inn, Door County, Wisconsin
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.