White Sands-Holiday Inn Bananas Virginia
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 2 bananas, peeled, sliced in half
- 8 ripe strawberries
- 1 ounce heavy cream
- 1/4 cup quality dark rum
- 1/2 ounce banana liqueur
- 1 (1 pound) loaf French bread
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- Sauce: Melt butter. Add bananas. Sauté over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add sugar
and spices. Stir. Add whole strawberries. Sauté 1 more minute. Add banana liqueur
and rum. Ignite. Reduce liquid for 45 seconds. Add cream. Reduce sauce by half.
Serve with ice cream of your choice or serve with warm bread pudding.
- Bread Pudding: Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Cut bread into 1-inch thick slices.
Arrange bread slices and pecans on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter;
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar
and vanilla extract. Put bread and pecans in a lightly greased 7 x 11-inch casserole
dish. Pour egg mixture over bread. Make sure bread slices are saturated with
- Bake for 60 minutes in preheated oven, until golden.
- Serve warm.
Source: The Birmingham News-July 25, 2001 - White Sands Holiday Inn, Gulf Shores,
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.