Whitefish Bay Farm Bed and Breakfast
Amaretto Cherry Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup chopped nuts and sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen red tart cherries
- Powdered sugar
- Spray three small loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over to 350
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Cream the sugar and margarine. Add the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add the flour alternatively with the Amaretto. Beat until smooth. Stir in
cherries and the nuts.
- Spoon into the three prepared loaf pans. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. The
bread is done when a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow
bread to cool in pan completely.
- To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar before slicing.
Yield: 3 small loaves.
This bread is best if made with fresh cherries or with cherries that are
snap frozen without a syrup. If you cannot find fresh cherries or snap frozen cherries,
you can use frozen cherries packed in syrup or water. Be sure to thaw, drain, and
rinse the frozen cherries before adding to the recipe. Decrease the amount of cherries
to 1 cup.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes