Wigwam Lemon Bars
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 stick
plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7 eggs
- 1/2 ounce gelatin
- To make the dough: Sift sugar, flour and salt together. Mix dry ingredients
in food processor on medium speed, then gradually add butter until pea-size
clumps are made. Fold in egg, being careful not to over-mix.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes, then roll on to a baking sheet until 1/4-inch
- With a fork, poke holes in the bottom so steam can escape. Bake at 350 degrees
until golden brown, checking frequently.
- To make the curd: Combine sugar, lemon juice and butter in a saucepan and
bring to a boil. Whisk sugar and eggs and stir the first mixture slowly into
the sugar-egg mixture. Cook on medium heat until thick.
- Bloom gelatin in cold water (the amount called for on the package). Add
to cooked mixture until dissolved. Pour the lemon curd mixture onto the dough
and place on cookie sheet in refrigerator to cool.
Makes 12 bars.
Approximate values per serving: 404 calories, 21 g fat, 174 mg cholesterol,
6 g protein, 49 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 246 mg sodium, 47 percent calories from
Source: Wigwam, Litchfield Park, Arizona