Wildhorse Saloon Banana Cream Pie
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 bananas
- 8 Oreos
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Oreo Pie Shells
- Combine milk, 1/2 the sugar and butter and bring to a boil.
- Mix the eggs, yolks, remaining sugar, cornstarch and vanilla. Mix until
- Temper the egg mixture with the hot milk, slowly adding while whisking.
Pour the tempered eggs slowly into the hot milk. Whisk vigorously. Turn the
heat on high and continue to whisk until mixture thickens. Keep mixing the cream
until it cools completely.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and fold into the base mix.
- Fill the Oreo shells with the filling and refrigerate.
- Fold in chopped bananas and crumbled Oreos.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.