Wildhorse Saloon Smoked Tomato and Herb Sauce
- 2 3/4 cups diced onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, smoked
- 1 1/3 cups cooking sherry
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon roasted garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons Shiraz red wine
- Smoke tomatoes over hickory wood chips for 1 hour to obtain smoky flavor.
- Take onions, carrots, celery and garlic and sweat in a stockpot over medium
heat until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the red wine. Puree and bring to a
boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the red wine. Hold for serving or refrigerate.
Source: newschannel5.com - Chris Rains/ Executive Chef- Wildhorse Saloon Wednesday,
June 28, 2000
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.