Wildhorse Saloon Smoked Tomato and Herb Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 3/4 cups diced onions
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes, smoked
- 1 1/3 cups cooking sherry
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon roasted garlic pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 tablespoons Shiraz red wine
- Smoke tomatoes over hickory wood chips for 1 hour to obtain smoky flavor.
- Take onions, carrots, celery and garlic and sweat in a stockpot over medium
heat until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the red wine. Puree and bring to a
boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the red wine. Hold for serving or refrigerate.
Source: newschannel5.com - Chris Rains/ Executive Chef- Wildhorse Saloon Wednesday,
June 28, 2000
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes