Williamsburg Hospitality House
Field Green Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound mesclun mix (or lettuce of choice)
- 1/2 of a red onion, julienned thin
- 2 portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and sliced thin
- 8 ounces balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 4 ounces crumbled bleu cheese
- 4 ounces cayenne toasted pecans
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- Pre-grill and cook the shrimp and marinate in olive oil and fresh basil.
- Place all ingredients, except the cheese, pecans and shrimp, in a bowl and
- Distribute evenly among the serving bowls.
- Top each salad with 3 shrimp.
- Garnish each one with the cheese and pecans.
Source: Chef Kevin Sharkey - Williamsburg Hospitality House - Source: 13News
Lunchbreak Tuesday, January 16 , 2001