Wolfgang Puck Cafe Pizza
- 1 package active dry or fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or Chili and Garlic Oil, plus additional for brushing)
- Topping of your choice
Topping for Vegetarian Pizza
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated fontina cheese
- 2 cups (about 1/2 pound) sliced fresh artichoke hearts, cooked
- 2 cups (about 5 ounces) sliced eggplant, grilled or sautéed
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Pizza: In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of the warm
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour and the salt. Pour
in 2 tablespoons of the oil and when absorbed, scrape in the dissolved yeastablespoon
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water and knead on low speed about 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a board and knead 2 or 3 minutes longer. Dough should be smooth
and firm. Let rise in a warm spot, covered with a damp towel, about 30 minutes.
(Dough will stretch when lightly pulled.)
- Divide the dough into 4 balls, about 6 ounces each. Work each ball by pulling
down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
Then on a smooth unfloured surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand
until the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minute. Cover with a damp towel
and let rest 15 to 20 minutes. At this point, the balls can be loosely covered
with plastic wrap and refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.
- Heat the oven to 525 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven.
- To prepare each pizza, place a ball of dough on a lightly floured surface.
Press down on the center, spreading the dough, or roll a 7 - 8-inch circle,
with the outer border a little thicker than the inner circle. Brush lightly
with oil and arrange the topping o your choice only over the inner circle.
- Arrange the pizza on the baking stone and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until
the pizzas are nicely browned. Transfer to a firm surface and cut into slices
with a pizza cutter. Serve immediately.
- Topping for Vegetarian Pizza: Sauté the eggplant and mushrooms separately,
each in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Use more oil if necessary. Arrange ingredients
on the pizza dough in the order listed.
- Chili and Garlic Oil: In a small saucepan, combine the cloves of garlic
and olive and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until garlic turns
golden brown, 10 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool and then add the chili flakes. Let sit for at least 2 hours before
Yield: 4 (7- or 8-inch) pizzas
The vegetables listed are the ones we usually use. You can substitute vegetables
of your choice as desired.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes