Wolfgang Puck Cafe Pizza
- 1 package active dry or fresh yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 3/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees F)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or Chili and Garlic Oil, plus additional for brushing)
- Topping of your choice
Topping for Vegetarian Pizza
- 3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups grated fontina cheese
- 2 cups (about 1/2 pound) sliced fresh artichoke hearts, cooked
- 2 cups (about 5 ounces) sliced eggplant, grilled or sautéed
- 4 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Pizza: In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and honey in 1/4 cup of the warm
- In a mixer fitted with a dough hook, combine the flour and the salt. Pour
in 2 tablespoons of the oil and when absorbed, scrape in the dissolved yeastablespoon
Add the remaining 1/2 cup of water and knead on low speed about 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a board and knead 2 or 3 minutes longer. Dough should be smooth
and firm. Let rise in a warm spot, covered with a damp towel, about 30 minutes.
(Dough will stretch when lightly pulled.)
- Divide the dough into 4 balls, about 6 ounces each. Work each ball by pulling
down the sides and tucking under the bottom of the ball. Repeat 4 or 5 times.
Then on a smooth unfloured surface, roll the ball under the palm of your hand
until the dough is smooth and firm, about 1 minute. Cover with a damp towel
and let rest 15 to 20 minutes. At this point, the balls can be loosely covered
with plastic wrap and refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.
- Heat the oven to 525 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven.
- To prepare each pizza, place a ball of dough on a lightly floured surface.
Press down on the center, spreading the dough, or roll a 7 - 8-inch circle,
with the outer border a little thicker than the inner circle. Brush lightly
with oil and arrange the topping o your choice only over the inner circle.
- Arrange the pizza on the baking stone and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until
the pizzas are nicely browned. Transfer to a firm surface and cut into slices
with a pizza cutter. Serve immediately.
- Topping for Vegetarian Pizza: Sauté the eggplant and mushrooms separately,
each in 1 tablespoon olive oil. Use more oil if necessary. Arrange ingredients
on the pizza dough in the order listed.
- Chili and Garlic Oil: In a small saucepan, combine the cloves of garlic
and olive and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until garlic turns
golden brown, 10 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool and then add the chili flakes. Let sit for at least 2 hours before
Yield: 4 (7- or 8-inch) pizzas
The vegetables listed are the ones we usually use. You can substitute vegetables
of your choice as desired.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.