Woodbury Cafe Buttermilk Pie
This is similar to Chess Pie with a little more texture and a lemon taste...I
like it better than Chess Pie.
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 standard pie crust
- Mix ingredients together and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Turn down to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes more.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine - May 11, 2001.
Source: This recipe was "weaseled" out of the poor owner of the Woodbury
Cafe, on the square, in Woodbury, Tennessee around 1970.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes