Woodbury Cafe Buttermilk Pie
This is similar to Chess Pie with a little more texture and a lemon taste...I
like it better than Chess Pie.
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 standard pie crust
- Mix ingredients together and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Turn down to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes more.
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine - May 11, 2001.
Source: This recipe was "weaseled" out of the poor owner of the Woodbury
Cafe, on the square, in Woodbury, Tennessee around 1970.