Woodstock Inn Resort
Raspberry Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla bean, split or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 8 1/2 ounces cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 to 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour muffin tins.
- Mix together butter and sugar in a mixer on second speed.
- Add split vanilla bean (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract) into egg yolks.
- Slowly add yolks, one at a time, to butter/sugar mixture. Beat until mixture
is a soft lemon color.
- Stir in sour cream and poppy seeds.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add into egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar until stiff.
Fold into egg yolk mixture. Gently stir in fresh raspberries.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20 to 25 minutes.
Source: Vermont's Woodstock Inn Resort
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.