Woolworth's Ice Box Cheese Torte
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tall (13 ounce) can Milnot, whipped
- 3 cups Graham cracker crumbs (or less if desired)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Cream together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Add the gelatin and
blend well. Fold in stiffly whipped Milnot (this can be done with and electric
- Mix Graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together; pack 2/3 of the mixture
on bottom and sides of a 9 x 13-inch pan (or larger). Add filling and sprinkle
with remaining crumbs. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve plain or garnished with fruit.
Yield: 12-16 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.