Woo's Pagoda Restaurant Stir-Fried Rice Noodles
with Shrimp and Mushrooms
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms (or use fresh, stemmed and sliced)
- 12 ounces thin rice noodles (vermicelli or stick)
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon slivered or minced garlic
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled (deveined if you like) and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste or crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Stock (or water, or mushroom-soaking liquid) as needed
- Salt, optional
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves, preferably Thai basil
- Put mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water (don't soak
- Put noodles into a large bowl, and cover with boiling water.
Let both sit 5 minutes or so, then drain and slice mushrooms.
- Put oil in a large nonstick skillet, and turn heat to high. Add garlic and
stir; add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, about a minute. Stir in the
- Drain and add noodles. Cook, stirring occasionally, about a minute. Make
a well in the center of noodles and pour in eggs. Scramble, gradually integrating
eggs with noodles; this will take less than a minute.
- Stir in soy sauce and
sugar. If noodles look clumpy, add about 1/2 cup liquid to allow them to separate
and become saucy (use more liquid if necessary, but do not make mixture soupy).
- Add salt to taste, then stir in bean sprouts and basil, and serve immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.