Word of Mouth Fried Tomato,
Mozzarella and Bacon Sandwich
- 1 1/2 pounds firm, fresh tomatoes, cored
- 12-inch loaf semolina bread
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oi
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 12 basil leaves
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Slice tomatoes into 12 (1/2-inch) slices. Cut bread diagonally into 12 slices;
toast. Cut mozzarella into 12 (1/4-inch) slices.
- In small shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper. Dip tomatoes
in mixture, coating both sides; shake off excess.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat until hot; pan-fry tomato
slices until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- Spread each bread slice with pesto; arrange mozzarella slices on 6 of bread
slices; top each with 2 tomato slices, 2 basil leaves and 2 bacon slices. Top
with remaining bread.
Yield: 6 sandwiches
Source: Word of Mouth, New York
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.