Word of Mouth Fried Tomato,
Mozzarella and Bacon Sandwich
- 1 1/2 pounds firm, fresh tomatoes, cored
- 12-inch loaf semolina bread
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oi
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 12 basil leaves
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- Slice tomatoes into 12 (1/2-inch) slices. Cut bread diagonally into 12 slices;
toast. Cut mozzarella into 12 (1/4-inch) slices.
- In small shallow bowl, combine cornmeal, garlic salt and pepper. Dip tomatoes
in mixture, coating both sides; shake off excess.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium- high heat until hot; pan-fry tomato
slices until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- Spread each bread slice with pesto; arrange mozzarella slices on 6 of bread
slices; top each with 2 tomato slices, 2 basil leaves and 2 bacon slices. Top
with remaining bread.
Yield: 6 sandwiches
Source: Word of Mouth, New York
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes