Wrigley Mansion Club Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast
with Apple-Sage Stuffing and Apple Gravy
Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Breast
- 1 (8 pound) turkey breast
- 15 slices apple wood-smoked bacon
- 4 cups apple-sage stuffing
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 cup fennel, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 cups dry sourdough bread
- 4 leaves fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 2 cups shallots
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup chardonnay
- Defatted turkey drippings from pan
- 1/4 cup turkey fat from pan
- 1/4 cup flour
- Chives, diced, for garnish
- Chicken stock as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bacon-wrapped Turkey Breast: Place turkey skin-side down on a cutting
board. Make a cut directly down the center; place stuffing in the cut area.
Lay bacon on a large piece of wax paper. Place turkey on waxed paper and wrap
- Bake at 350 degrees F until the turkey's internal temperature reaches
150 degrees F.
- Pour apple juice over turkey; bake for 3 minutes more. Remove turkey
from pan; reserve drippings for gravy.
- Apple-Sage Stuffing: In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, sauté sausage
until no pink remains. Remove one-half of the fat from the pan. Add vegetables;
sauté for 3 minutes or until vegetables are clear. Add sherry; cook until almost
- Add flour; whisk until glossy. Add chicken stock, sage and thyme; bring
to a boil. Add bread cubes. Allow mixture to cool, then fold in whipped eggs.
- Apple Gravy: In a medium pan, heat shallots, apple juice and chardonnay
until almost dry. Add drippings from the turkey pan; bring to a boil.
- In a separate pan, heat turkey fat and flour until smooth; gradually whisk
into the first pan. Cook for 15 minutes over very low heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken stock as needed.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes