Wyndham Buttes Restaurant Cranberry Cheesecake
- 6 ramekin molds
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 ounces heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces Cranberry Marmalade
- 1 pound cranberries
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon gelatine
- Cheesecake Filling: In a mixer with paddle attachment, soften the cream
cheese. Scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl after each addition, add
sugar, salt and sour cream, one ingredient at a time. Incorporate the eggs;
scrape down the sides of the bowl. Incorporate the egg yolks; scrape down the
sides of the bowl. Add heavy cream and vanilla; scrape the sides of the bowl.
- In a 6-ounce ramekin, place 2 ounces Cranberry Marmalade. Over the top,
place 3 ounces cheesecake filling. Repeat process in the remaining 5 ramekins.
- Place ramekins in a water bath. Place in a preheated 300 degrees F oven
on the center rack. Bake for 1 hour. Check for doneness by the testing for the
filling to feel firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- To unmold, run a warm knife around the edges, tap on the counter a few times
and invert onto a platter. Serve each as a dessert course or cut in half and
- Cranberry Marmalade: Combine equal parts of gelatin to warm water and let
bloom for 3 minutes. Combine all in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Reduce
until cranberries pop and sauce becomes slightly thick. Pull from heat and cool
before placing in the ramekin molds.
Yield: 6 (5 ounce) servings
Source: Wyndham Buttes Resort, Tempe, Arizona