Xochimilco Mexican Restaurant
One Cactus Quesadilla
A cactus, onion, chile and garlic mixture fills warmed flour tortillas.
- 3 ounces sliced cactus
- 2 ounces sliced onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 or 2 Japanese chiles, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 or 2 dashes salt
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Heat pan and add either oil or melted butter. Then cook cactus in the pan.
Add onions and cook 5 to 6 minutes.
- After cactus is cooked, set aside.
- Heat tortillas on separate grill or pan.
- Add cheese to tortilla. Cook until the cheese melts and the tortilla is
crisp. Then add garlic, chili powder and cilantro. Salt to taste.
- Add cactus mixture to the tortillas. Fold in half and serve!
Source: Xochimilco Mexican Restaurant, Sacramento, California
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes