Z Tejas Chile Fudge Pie
- 2 teaspoons Ancho puree *
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- * For ancho puree: Ancho chiles, which are dried poblanos, are dark brown
peppers found in the produce section. Remove seeds and stem from one ancho chile
pepper. Place ancho in a small saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil
and simmer until ancho is tender. Puree in a food processor.
- Melt butter and let cool to warm. Toast pecans and walnuts until lightly
- Beat eggs well and then add sugars and flour. Beat until smooth. Add warm
butter and mix well. (It is important for butter to be warm so chocolate chips
will melt some.) Add chile puree. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour filling into pastry shell and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 60 minutes
Source: The Austin American Statesman
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes