Z Tejas Grill Breakfast Quesadillas
- 3 eggs, whipped
- 2 ounces sausage, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 ounces salsa fresca
- 2 ounces potatoes, fried and chopped
- 2 ounces jack cheese, grated
- 1 (9 inch) flour tortilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces chipotle peppers
- 2 ounces milk
- In a food processor, combine chipotle peppers, sour cream and milk; process until peppers have been finely chopped. Pour mixture through a sieve. Set aside.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with butter or oil. Place skillet over medium heat. Add sausage, bacon and potatoes; heat 30 seconds. Add eggs; cook until almost done. Add salsa fresca; continue cooking until eggs are done.
- Butter one side of the flour tortilla. Add egg mixture and jack cheese to tortilla fold over to crisp up. Cook tortilla on each side until crisp.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
Source: Chef Leo Madrigal, Z Tejas Grill, Phoenix, Arizona - azfamily.com