Z Tejas Grill Queen K's Jambalaya
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 ounce chicken breast, grilled
- 4 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 5 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon green onions
- 2 ounces margarine
- 8 ounces white onion, diced
- 6 ounces green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 3 cups salsa-style canned tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a stockpot. Add white onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté
10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a simmer.
- Combine cornstarch with water; stir to combine, then add to the tomato mixture.
Add salt and pepper; stir to combine. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Heat butter in a sauté pan. Add shrimp, sausage and chicken. When shrimp
are nearly done, add rice and 8 ounces tomato mixture; stir to combine.
- When the mixture has heated through, place mixture in a bowl. Garnish with
Source: Chef Matthew Janiec, Z Tejas Grill, Tempe, Arizona
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.