Zarzuela Gambas al Ajillo
(Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 small red chile peppers
- 3/4 pound (about 50 to 60) small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- A little lemon juice (optional)
- In an earthenware casserole, heat oil, and add garlic and chile peppers. When garlic begins to turn golden, add shrimp and salt. Cook shrimp for about 1 minute, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with a little lemon juice squeezed over, if desired.
- Serve with bread.
Source: Lucas Gasco, Zarzuela, San Francisco, California
Photo credit: (c) Can Stock Photo / bruhum