Zarzuela Gambas al Ajillo
(Shrimp in Garlic Sauce)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 small red chile peppers
- 3/4 pound small shrimp (about 50 to 60), peeled and deveined
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- A little lemon juice (optional)
- In an earthenware casserole, heat oil, and add garlic and chile peppers.
When garlic begins to turn golden, add shrimp and salt. Cook shrimp for about
1 minute, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with a little lemon juice
squeezed over, if desired.
- Serve with bread.
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Lucas Gasco, Zarzuela, San Francisco, California