Zehnder's Cranberry-Apple Relish
For a more tart relish, use whole oranges with the peel.
- 4 medium Northern Spy or other moderately tart apples (about 6 ounces each), cored
- 8 ounces fresh cranberries (2 cups)
- 2 small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Using a food processor or food grinder with the coarse blade, coarsely chop
a small amount of the fruit at a time into about 1/4-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, mix fruit and sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir before serving.
Yield: 5 cups relish
Posted by GayleL at Recipe Goldmine- May 28, 2001.