Zia Marie's Shrimp Wrapped in Pancetta
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 pound pancetta (unsmoked Italian bacon), sliced very thin
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1/4 cup diced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup diced black olives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly and de-vein shrimp. Wrap pancetta around shrimp and fasten with wooden pick.
- Melt butter in large sauté pan and add olive oil. Sauté wrapped shrimp until they are pink and translucent, making sure not to overcook. Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- Add lemon juice and garlic to olive oil and butter in sauté pan. Add parsley and olives, season with salt and pepper. When the flavors are blended, pour over wrapped shrimp.
Posted by LladyRusty at Recipe Goldmine - May 3, 2001.
Source: Chef Bill Minder - Zia Marie's, Virginia Beach, VA - Source: WVEC 13 News at Noon