Zinfandel Blueberry Zinfandel Sorbet
- 8 ounces fresh, cleaned blueberries or 8 ounce bag frozen blueberries, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup your favorite zinfandel
- Put blueberries into a food processor and puree for 2 to 3 minutes. (If
you're using fresh blueberries, wash and de-stem them first.)
- Mix sugar and hot water in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and salt to pureed blueberries, whisk together, then add
half the sugar and the zinfandel. Whisk again and taste. (You might need to
add more sugar depending on the dryness of the wine.)
- Strain to keep out berry skin and seeds.
- Put mixture into a 9 x 13-inch Pyrex dish and cover with plastic wrap; freeze
for 12 to 24 hours.
- Take out of freezer and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, cut up into cubes
and put into food processor. Puree until all frozen pieces are gone, put into
container and freeze again for 12 to 24 hours.
Source: Zinfandel at Sutter Creek, Sutter Creek, California
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.