Zinfandel Blueberry Zinfandel Sorbet
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 ounces fresh, cleaned blueberries or 1 (8 ounce) bag frozen blueberries, unsweetened
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup your favorite zinfandel
- Put blueberries into a food processor and puree for 2 to 3 minutes. (If you're using fresh blueberries, wash and de-stem them first.)
- Mix sugar and hot water in small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and salt to pureed blueberries, whisk together, then add half the sugar and the zinfandel. Whisk again and taste. (You might need to add more sugar depending on the dryness of the wine.)
- Strain to keep out berry skin and seeds.
- Put mixture into a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish and cover with plastic wrap; freeze for 12 to 24 hours.
- Take out of freezer and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes, cut up into cubes and put into food processor. Puree until all frozen pieces are gone, put into container and freeze again for 12 to 24 hours.
Source: Zinfandel at Sutter Creek, Sutter Creek, California