Zio's Italian Kitchen Chicken Scaloppini
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces mushrooms
- 2 chicken breasts (scaloppini)
- 3 ounces cream
- 3 ounces chicken stock
- 1 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 ounce curly spinach
- 5 ounces spaghetti
- Place mushrooms and chicken in preheated sauté pan. Sauté until mushrooms
begin to soften (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add cream and chicken stock. Reduce sauce for an additional 2 minutes. Note:
Sauce must have a creamy yellow color and be slightly thicker than heavy cream.
- Add tomatoes and butter. Dredge spinach in sauce.
- Place heated pasta on upper center of round plate.
- Remove the spinach with tongs and arrange along bottom edge of plate (4
o'clock to 8 o'clock.)
- Remove chicken and arrange in a "V" shape (point of "V"
at 6 o'clock).
- Pour sauce over chicken and lower half.
Source: Kevin Freifield, Zio's