Zipe's Eatery New York Cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces and chilled
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crust: In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and lemon
zest. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture
is crumbly. Using a fork, stir in the egg yolk and vanilla until all the dough
- Pat one third of the crust over the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with
its sides removed. Bake for about 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool.
- Grease the sides of the springform pan and attach to the bottom. Pat the
remaining two thirds of the crust around the sides, coming up to a height of
about 2 inches.
- Increase the oven temperature to 475 degrees F.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl at medium speed, beat together the cream cheese,
sugar, and salt until creamy. Add the vanilla extract. Add the eggs and egg
yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the sour cream and
mix well. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Watch the top of the cake to avoid overbrowning.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake for an additional
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, gently run a thin-bladed knife around the
inside edges of the pan to loosen the sides of the cake. When completely cool,
carefully remove the sides of the pan. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Source: Bruce Zipe, famed New York Eatery
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes