Zola's Restaurant Greek Pastry
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 box filo dough
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups water
- 4 or 5 whole cloves
- 1 (4-inch) piece cinnamon stick
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Combine nuts, dates, egg, butter and sugar in food processor. Pulse until
nuts are broken up and mixture holds together. Place in work bowl with cinnamon,
nutmeg, cloves, brandy, orange juice and zest, lemon zest and salt and combine.
- Cut filo in half to form a stack of rectangles. Each pastry will use three
sheets. Brush butter lightly on the 3 sheets. Place 1/4 cup nut mixture on bottom
of filo sheets. Tuck edges in (1/2-inch on each side) and roll up. Brush with
butter and place on cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Bake 15 to 20
minutes in 350 degrees F oven, or until lightly browned.
- In small saucepot combine sugar water ingredients. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Place cooled pastries in a pan with edges, fit snuggly together. Pour warm
sugar water over pastries. Allow to soak up all liquid, turning if necessary.
Refrigerate to help set, if needed.
- Slice and serve with fresh fruit whipped cream.
Source: newschannel5.com - Debra Paquette/Zola's Restaurant - Monday, April
23, 2001 - Recipe #2698
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.