Zuzu Middle Eastern Bouillabaisse
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup basil, chopped
- 1/8 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 ounces white wine
- 6 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces salmon
- 4 ounces sea bass
- 8 scallops
- 8 mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 1/4 pound calamari rings
- Pinch of baharat (available at Middle Eastern markets)
- Salt and white pepper
- Harissa (optional, available at Middle Eastern markets)
- 2 slices French (or similar) bread, toasted (optional)
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic,
onion and green bell pepper.
- Cook until the onion softens and begins to brown, 5 minutes. Add the chopped
tomato, basil, cilantro, white wine and tomato sauce; stir to combine. Bring
to a simmer.
- Add the salmon and sea bass. Poach for 3-4 minutes; add the scallops, mussels
and calamari. Cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the mussels are open and
the fish is uniformly tender. Season with the baharat, salt and white pepper
- Divide between two bowls. Garnish each bowl with a slice of French bread
slathered with harissa.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Restaurant Recipes