This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
A.J. Foyt's 500-Mile Chili
- 3 pounds stewing beef, cubed
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can Mexican beer
- Brown meat, onions, garlic and jalapenos together in olive oil. While mixture
is browning, add cayenne and chili powder. Stir often. Add tomato sauce, salt, water
and beer. Cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and simmer for 2 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.