A.J. Foyt's 500-Mile Chili
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 pounds stewing beef, cubed
- 1 pound chorizo
- 2 large onions, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 can Mexican beer
- Brown meat, onions, garlic and jalapenos together in olive oil. While mixture
is browning, add cayenne and chili powder. Stir often. Add tomato sauce, salt, water
and beer. Cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and simmer for 2 hours.
Serves 6 to 8.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes