Al Roker's Spectacular Chili
- 2 pounds chuck steak, cubed in bite-size pieces
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 large onions, diced
- 12 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pure chili powder
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16
ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can Northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can
dark red kidney beans
- Chopped scallions
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar
- Brown the beef and sausages in a large Dutch oven. Remove the meat and reserve.
Drain off the fat, reserving about two tablespoons.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent, about 7 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika and chili powder. Add the tomatoes and the beef into the
Dutch oven. Stir the whole pot, and simmer on the stove for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the three cans of beans, and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with dishes of chopped scallions, sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cornbread is great with this also!
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.