Al Roker's Spectacular Chili
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 pounds chuck steak, cubed in bite-size pieces
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 2 large onions, diced
- 12 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pure chili powder
- 1 (32 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can Northern beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- Chopped scallions
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown the beef and sausages in a large Dutch oven. Remove the meat and reserve.
Drain off the fat, reserving about two tablespoons.
- Sauté the onions and garlic until translucent, about 7 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika and chili powder. Add the tomatoes and the beef into the
Dutch oven. Stir the whole pot, and simmer on the stove for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add the three cans of beans, and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve with dishes of chopped scallions, sour cream and shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cornbread is great with this also!
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes