Alan Alda's Che-Cha
- 14 good-size Italian plum tomatoes or 2 (14 ounce) cans plum tomatoes
- 2 handsful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 pound reduced fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces fusilli (corkscrew macaroni) or your choice of noodle
- Fill a pot with enough water to cover tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Add tomatoes
to boiling water. Remove after about 10 seconds.
- Mix the tomatoes, basil, garlic and cheese with the olive oil. Let stand in a
covered bowl for at least 3 hours (or overnight) refrigerated).
- Cook fusilli. Drain.
- Add sauce to hot pasta. Mix well, and serve warm.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.