Alex Trebek's Tourtiere Trebek
- 1 pound ground pork 500 g
- 3/4 pound ground veal 375 g
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning 5 mL
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme 2 mL
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1 mL
- 1/4 cup red wine, beef stock or water 50 mL
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs 125 mL
- Salt and pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inch/23 cm)
- Milk or lightly beaten egg
- In large pan, combine meat, onions, seasonings and wine; cook over low heat for
- Drain fat. Stir in bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste. Let cool for about
- Roll out pastry and line a 9-inch (23 cm) pie plate. Spoon in filling; cover
with pastry. Cut steam vents in top and seal edges. Brush lightly with milk or egg.
- Bake in 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) oven for 1 hour or until pastry is golden
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.