Amy Grant's Grandma Grant's Banana Nut Bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas, sliced (2 cups)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch metal loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar with the butter.
- Mix in the eggs, bananas, flour, pecans, baking soda and the salt.
- Pour into the prepared pan. Place the loaf pan in a cold oven.
- Set the oven control to 300 degrees F.
- Bake the banana bread for 1 1/2 hours or
until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the bread for 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from the pan and cool completely, right side up.
Source: Good Housekeeping - February 2009