This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Anne Murray's Cherry Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter 375 mL
- 2 cups granulated sugar 500 mL
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon each vanilla, almond and lemon extract 5 mL
- 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 L
- 2 teaspoons baking powder 10 mL
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 mL
- 1 cup milk 250 mL
- 1 1/2 cups each halved red and green candied cherries 375 mL
- With electric mixer, cream butter with sugar thoroughly. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating well after each. Beat in extracts.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) of flour with baking powder and salt; mix thoroughly.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Toss cherries with remaining
1/2 cup (125 mL) flour; fold into batter.
- Pour into well-greased and floured 10-inch
(3 L) Bundt pan.
- Bake in 235 degree F (160 degree C) oven for 1 3/4 hours or until
tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool a few minutes in pan, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.