This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Barbara Bush's Lemon Bars
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Grated rinds of 2 lemons
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Mix margarine, confectioners' sugar and flour.
- Spread in 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until pale tan. Cool.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Cut into bars.