Barbara Eden's Company Green Beans
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, ends trimmed 750 g
- 2 tablespoons butter 25 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional) 50 mL
- Cook the beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender crisp, about
4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and set aside.
- Dry the pot: add butter and melt over medium heat.
- Add garlic and red pepper strips; cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Return the reserved beans to the pot and toss until vegetables
are well mixed and beans are reheated.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with almonds, if using.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Per 6 servings (no nuts): 61 calories, 2 g protein, 3.5 g fat, 7 g arbohydrate
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes