Bob Hope's Lemon Pie
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated
- 1 baked pie shell
- Combine cornstarch and sugar. Add water slowly, stirring constantly until thick
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks, butter, lemon rind, juice and salt. Cook
for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour into baked pie shell. Cover with meringue made with egg
whites and sugar stiffly beaten.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until meringue
is light brown.
- Cool to room temperature before refrigerating to keep meringue from