This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Carol Burnett's Raspberry Riches
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups fresh red raspberries
Sugar Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons semisweet chocolate, grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Batter: Melt and cool unsalted butter. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter an
8- or 9-inch round or square baking pan.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a mixing
- In another bowl, beat together egg, buttermilk and vanilla extract until smooth.
Stir in butter. Add dry ingredients. Beat with a wooden spoon until nearly smooth.
Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Sprinkle with raspberries. Top with Sugar
- Bake until nicely browned, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool on rack until warm. Serve warm.
- Sugar Crumb Topping: With metal blade in place, add all ingredients to food processor.
Process to a fine consistency.