Congressman J.C. Watts Jr.'s Oklahoma Mud
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) margarine,
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts - (pecans are great!)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 jar Marshmallow Creme
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine,
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cream together (first 4 ingredients) the sugar, 2 sticks margarine, eggs and
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Mix together flour, coconut, chopped nuts, and 3 tablespoons cocoa then fold
into the creamed mixture. Spread into a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch pan and
bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until done.
- After removing from oven, immediately spread one jar of Marshmallow Creme over
the top. While it cools, make icing.
- Mix powdered sugar, 1 stick margarine, cocoa, evaporated milk and 1 tablespoon
vanilla extract well and spread it over the cooled cake.
Source: The Honorable J.C. Watts Jr., United States Congressman, Oklahoma