David Venable's Sweet Potato
- 16 large sweet potatoes, cut in half and quartered
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter,
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking
- In a large stock pot, boil sweet potatoes whole until soft (approximately 40
- Remove skins. With a flat beater of an electric mixer, mix sweet potatoes,
crushed pineapple, sugar, butter, salt, and spices. Stir in one egg at a time. Pour
into baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Bake for 30
— 40 minutes.