Dinah Shore's Cheesecake Cookies
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix brown sugar, nuts and flour together. Stir in butter and mix with hands until
crumbly. Remove 1 cup. Press remainder into an 8-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice, cream and vanilla
extract. Pour into baked crust. Top with reserved crumbs.
- Return to 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes.
- Cool thoroughly.
- Cut into 2-inch squares.