Ed Asner's Balsamic-Roasted New Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds small new potatoes, washed, patted dry and
quartered; or, if using larger potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
teaspoon minced rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup balsamic
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place baking rack in lower third of oven.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, garlic
and shallots. Toss in skillet until well mixed. Add thyme, rosemary and nutmeg.
Toss well. When potatoes are hot, transfer to baking pan and spread in single layer.
(This part of the recipe can be made several hours ahead of time.)
- Place pan in preheated oven on lower rack.
- Roast potatoes until golden and just
tender, about 25 minutes, turning once midway.
- Add vinegar. Toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Return to oven
until sizzling, about 7 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Source: The Jewish Celebrity Cookbook