Elvis Presley's Pound Cake
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 pound butter, softened
- 7 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted twice, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons
- Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs one at a time, beating well
after each addition.
- Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other
half of the flour. Add vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Set in a
COLD oven and turn heat to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a sharp knife
inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool