Frank Sinatra's Sausage and Green Peppers
- 3 green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound
hot Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup red wine
- Remove stems and seeds from green bell peppers and cut into large chunks.
- In ovenproof baking dish that can also be used on top of stove, sauté green peppers
in oil until they begin to soften. Season to taste.
- Remove green bell peppers and set
- Brown sausage in same dish. When browned, add wine.
- Cover with foil and bake
at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Uncover baking dish, and add sauté ed green peppers.
- Bake additional 30 minutes.
- Serve in same dish.