Governor Jane Dee Hull's Coyote Caviar
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1 to 2 green onions, diced
- Salsa (fresh if possible)
- Mix all ingredients except cream cheese, eggs, green onions, and salsa. Cover
and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread cream cheese on round serving plate. Spoon bean mixture around edges,
along with salsa. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve with tortilla chips or melba-style crackers.
Source: The Honorable Jane Dee Hull, former Governor of Arizona
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Celebrity Recipes